If you’ve never worked remotely before, it’s hard to know where to start, what employers really look for, and how to go about getting your first remote job.
The Remote Jobseeker’s Handbook is here to help.
This guide will give you the inside information you need, and help you build a solid action plan for landing that remote job you’ve wanted for so long.
Read three chapters for free!
Take a sneak peek inside the handbook!
Why go remote?
Know your options
- Go freelance or start a small business
- Convincing your boss to let you go remote
- Getting a new job as a remote employee
Where to find the best remote jobs
- Reviewing 12+ of the best remote job boards
- More ways to discover remote positions!
Build your shortlists
- Step 1: Eliminate
- Step 2: Prioritise
What remote companies really look for
- The key skills for remote positions
- How to show off your remote skills
Ready, set, apply!
- A quick word on resumés
- Handling the actual application
- The art of following up
- Pulling the trigger
Interviewing for remote positions
- Research and preparation
- Nail phone screens and video calls like a pro
- During the interview
- Meeting the founder/boss
- Post-interview rituals
Rejection, success, and iteration
- Handling every response with elegance
Your action plan
- Which edition should I buy?
- It depends. If you prefer reading on an e-reader device like an Amazon Kindle, Nook, or Apple iBooks on iOS, then the complete edition will be your best bet as it includes both ePub and Mobi e-book formats, in addition to the PDF edition. If you’d prefer a more affordable option, the PDF-only edition is the best value for money. Either way, you’ll still have access to all the content in this handbook.
- What is VAT and why am I seeing it added to the purchase price?
- If you’re buying from within the EU, recent changes mean that unfortunately you now must pay VAT on qualifying purchases. Not ideal, I know, but them’s the breaks.
- How does the money back guarantee work?
- If you’re not fully satisfied, I don’t want to take your money. Send me an email with a comment and I’ll refund your money. It’s that simple.
- What payment options do you accept?
- All purchases of this product are securely processed by Gumroad, who accept all major credit cards, in addition to PayPal. They do not, however, accept animal pelts, or moon rocks, apparently.
- Do I need a Gumroad account to purchase?
- Not at all. Having an account with Gumroad isn’t necessary at all, although you can sign up if you want to access some of their handy features, sending the file directly to your Kindle device, Dropbox account, etc.
- How do I get the ebook after I purchase it?
- When you purchase either edition through Gumroad, you’ll immediately be able to download your files to your computer. You’ll also receive an email which will include a receipt for your purchase, along with a permanent link to access your files.
- What format is the ebook?
- That depends on which edition you buy. Both editions include the PDF edition (Adobe Portable Document Format), however the complete digital edition also includes the ebook in ePub and Mobi formats for reading on your favourite e-reader device.
- Will this book guarantee me a remote job?
- No. You’re responsible for getting yourself hired. This book just drops some knowledge that’ll point you in the right direction and help you to be prepared for some of the nuances of seeking a remote position.
- Got another question?
- Send me your questions, I’d love to answer them.